Dear children and students, dear parents,
I appeal to you as a principal of the Private School "Galina Ulanova" – Russian Lyceum – Sofia and also as a parent of a student in junior high school class.
From personal experience I know that the right choice of kindergarten and school is not only a basic need of children, pupils and their parents, but also of the entire society. The prosperity of society is directly related to the quality of education and upbringing of future generations.
What are the main needs of children and students and what are the parents’ expectations of kindergartens and/or schools?
I. Full confidence of parents that in this school the student will acquire a systematic and sustained:
- basic knowledge and the relevant certificates to continue education in the next level
- individual skills and key competences for personal fulfillment and teamwork; very good computer knowledge and knowledge of two or three foreign languages.
- high value system - forming not only good professionals but also decent, socially aware citizens.
II. Favorable physical environment, including:
- very good location of the school with the possibility of quick and easy communications
- modern material and technical training base equipped with modern classrooms, specialized rooms, sports halls and playgrounds, libraries, dining room, swimming pool
- system checked for safety - security, access control, rules of conduct medical care.
III. Benevolent psychological environment:
- qualitative education and educational process with full-day organization of classes and extracurricular activities (art, sport and leisure)
- personal oriented teaching, using the best educational policies and practices, combining classic with innovative forms of education
- fair assessment - increasingly widespread use of external evaluation, focusing on the student's progress toward its development, realization and recognition
- welfare on the basis of democracy and implementation of school forms of selfcontrol
- community building - with clear rules that are respected by all, with increasing participation of parents and partners with an active and constructive dialogue between all members of the community.
Dear children and students, dear parents, to meet your needs and expectations we have created a unique educational and cultural complex Private School "Galina Ulanova" -Russian Lyceum in Sofia, which includes:
Kindergarten -taking children from 3 years to entering the first grade with early foreign language learning – English and Russian
Elementary and Secondary Language School with expanded preparation in foreign languages (English and Russian) from the 1st to 7th grade and advanced training from the 8th to 12th grade
Dance School with training in "classical dance" – profession "ballet dancer" (admission after 4th grade) and "modern dance" – profession "dancer" (admission after 7th grade)
Ballet School for non-professional training of children of different ages, with different inborn talents and dance training.
The mission of the Private School "Galina Ulanova" – Russian Lyceum in Sofia is: To create a sustainable and coherent educational and cultural environment, securing the implementation of quality educational process which primary purpose is the development of the full potential of every child, every student.
In our lyceum we are teaching children from families of different nationalities. What unites them is the growing interest in the Russian language, art and culture, and all in all in the Russian spirituality.
The first grade enrollment for the new academic year has begun however, it is important to mention that not only first graders are accepted, but students of all ages. Parents and students are attracted by the early and intensive study of the Russian language that is combined with the Bulgarian school-program and also by the possibility of multilateral development of children through ballet, dance, music and theater. Russian lyceum becomes popular among families from the former Soviet Union who live in Sofia. Adaptation to the new educational system is very easy, which is not surprising because in the lyceum children from eight nationalities - Bulgarians, Russians, Ukrainians, Kazakhs, Serbs, Americans, French are receiving their education. Children easily adopt in their collective representatives of other nationalities. At the Lyceum there is an atmosphere of bilingualism. With the help of classmates and the entire teaching staff, new students quickly learn the Bulgarian language, which allows them to continue their education wherever they want, if they wish. The Russian Lyceum is popular because of the fact that the Russian language and some other subjects are taught by native-speaker teachers.
Thanks to us and our education you will avoid: negative expectations on entering kindergarten, wandering in enrollment in primary and secondary school exams, hysteria school after seventh grade, doubts about preparing students for entry into the desired university.
We are always ready to welcome you at Private School "Galina Ulanova" – Russian Lyceum. You could see the school facilities, meet our students and our teachers and feel the friendly atmosphere.
Welcome to Private School "Galina Ulanova" – Russian Lyceum in Sofia!
Principal of the Russian Lyceum in Sofia